Senior Accountant – WEST ISLAND
Our client, an accounting and tax services firm, is growing, yes, even amid this COVID crisis. The need an additional Senior Accountant to join their team of 15 members. This employer strives to provide a great balance between work and personal life. This is a full-time position, leaving you with the liberty to start and end your day at times that is convenient for you.
Experience shall be considered. Minimum of 5 years experience, salary range starts at $55 000.
Group insurance (basic medical and long-term disability) is 100% paid by the employer, subject to a 3-month waiting period.
Software used: DT MAX and Caseware
Main responsibilities include the following:
- Supervision and performance of corporations’ compilation engagements, including:
- Planning and preparation of files
- Preparation of financial statements
- Preparation of corporate income tax returns
- Preparation of personal income tax returns
- Follow-up on notices of assessment
- Regular contact with their clients via phone, emails, in person
- Assist clients with important month-end and year-end tasks and with functionalities of their accounting software
- Assist clients with sales tax and payroll matters
- Filling-out tax forms ex: T4, T5, GST/QST, payroll
- Contact tax authorities on behalf of their clients
A successful hire shall have the following competencies
- Analytical, Autonomous and Results-Oriented
- Great interpersonal skills and team player
- Experience in Full accounting cycle in SMEs and Accounting software adapted to SME
- Experience in Canadian taxes
- Fluent in French & English, spoken and written
- CPA designation – an asset